- 2012 Osteopathic Thesis: “The Effect of Global Osteopathic Treatment on Children Aged 60-156 months with Academic and Behavioural Difficulties” (Toronto ON)
- 2007 Graduate in Osteopathy – Canadian College of Osteopathy (Toronto)
- 1999 Graduate in Remedial Massage Therapy – Western College of Remedial Massage Therapy (Regina)
- Diploma in Manual Osteopathic Practice (D.O.M.P)
- Diploma in the Science of Osteopathy (D.Sc.O)
- Remedial Massage Therapist (RMT)
Therapist: Police-Fire Games, Manitoba-Saskatchewan Swim meets, Echo Valley Triathlon, Women’s Volleyball Network, and Open Door Society (Regina)
- Canadian Federation of Osteopaths (CFO), Board of Directors
- Canadian Standard’s For Osteopathic Education Committee, Member
- Saskatchewan Association of Osteopaths/Osteopathic Manual Practitioners, President
- Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners, Affiliate Member
- Massage Therapist Association of Saskatchewan, Member
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) – Prague School of Rehabilitation
- DNS – A
- DNS – Pediatric 1
- DNS – Pediatric 2
- DNS – Women’s Health
- DNS – Yoga Specific Rehabilitation
- Certified HANDLE Screener/ HANDLE Practitioner Intern – HANDLE® Institute (Seattle, WA) Ages 5 & older: General Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Dyslexia, Perplexing Behaviors
- Female Chain Reaction (Gray Institute)
How I see the world: “Something good in everything I see” -ABBA
Barbara has a passion for serving the health and wellbeing of others. She is committed to life-long learning, advanced clinical skills, and an individualized approach to care. Her passion is expressed in a clinic that is bright and inviting, with an atmosphere that is safe, friendly, non-judgmental, and always supportive.
Her priority is giving her clients information and options, allowing them control of their own care choices. She is a therapist, advisor, teacher, trainer, mentor, and friend to those she is privileged to care for. Those qualities are what attracts and retains the loyalty of her many patients and clients.
She says, “I’m very curious, like to solve problems, find answers to big questions, and serve people. When I wake up in the morning, I’m excited to go to work and am very grateful for the people who seek my services, entrust their own care and that of their children with me, and generously recommend me to their family and friends.”
In her free time, Barbara’s first passion is time with grandchildren… playing, learning, reading, and nourish their minds. She is a strong advocate for sustainable living which fuels year-round organic gardening activities. Learning at the intersection of countries, cultures, and food nourishes her soul; while cooking offers a time for creativity, meditation, and relaxation.
Since Barbara’s founding Élan Osteopathic Clinic in 2001, her passion has been dedicated to enhancing the health and lives of children/parents and adults of all ages and levels of ability.
“A human being is part of the whole, called by us ‘Universe’; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest — a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.”
-Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955)
Physicist & Nobel Laureate